About Mrs. Smith

Our First Family Picture!

Our First Family Picture!

Welcome to First Grade! My name is Amy Smith and I am excited for my fourth year on the First Grade team here at Georgetown. Let me tell you a little bit about myself! I grew up in Marshall, Michigan and always knew I wanted to be a teacher. When I graduated high school, I moved to Holland, Michigan to get my Education Degree at Hope College (Go Dutchmen!) While I was at Hope, I met my husband, Ben, who owns Ben Smith Farmers Insurance Agency in Jenison.  I also received my Masters in Early Childhood Curriculum and Instruction for Grand Valley State University!

Ben and I live here in Hudsonville with our one year old little girl, Lucy, and our golden retriever, Koda. You will hear lots of stories about our adventures. We have had lots of fun this summer with Lucy. We have been up north, camping, and having lots of playdates. She is busy, busy, busy and loves to play outside and in the water. Lucy is beginning to do lots of talking which is really fun to see her learn and grow everyday.

Lucy likes to read just like First Graders

Lucy is working on holding her head up!

Lucy is working on holding her head up!

Lucy at 6 weeks old.

Lucy at 6 weeks old.

Koda enjoying the sunshine.

Koda enjoying the sunshine.

Lucy, Ben, and Me!

Lucy, Ben, and Me!

Lucy's newborn picture

Lucy’s newborn picture

I am very much looking forward to getting to know your children this year and help them grow into life-long learners.